Welcome to the Mentor Advising Center
We offer academic advising to undergraduate Social & Behavioral Science students in the following majors: Criminal Justice, Economics, History, Political Science, Social Sciences, and Sociology (other majors will be participating soon). Stop by our advising center located in the Faculty Office Building in room FO-145. Our specially trained Mentors are prepared to help you select classes, plan a quarter schedule, and propose a long term Education Plan tailored to meet your needs.
- Clear Advising Holds
- Peer Advising for your specific major
- Review remaining General Education Requirements
- Assistance planning courses for an upcoming quarter
- Understanding your PAWS Report
- Help mapping out a 4-year plan
- Understanding your Grad-Check
- Offer referrals to other departments based on your educational goals
- Information on University Policies and Procedures
- Referrals to free resources such as math tutoring or writing assistance
- Connect you with important organizations
Our staff is knowledgeable and here to help. To schedule an appointment with a knowledgable Mentor in your field, we recommend calling 909-537-5518 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The center is staffed weekdays and walk-ins are welcome.
To receive the most accurate advising, please come prepared with your most current PAWS Report. A PAWS Report accurately tells the adviser what General Education requirements you've already met and which requirements are still pending.
Our Peer Advisors have walked in your shoes and are here to make your journey enjoyable. Your success is our commitment.
We look forward to seeing you soon.